Are you looking to make a difference? Do you want to shape the course of Canadian communities? Do you like to have fun and enjoy collaborating with people? You might consider employment with Big Brothers Big Sisters.
As employment opportunities arise, they are posted below. Qualified candidates are encouraged to send resumes to the contacts provided for each position. Only those candidates that are being considered will be contacted. No phone calls or e-mail follow-ups please.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orillia & District (BBBSOD) is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. BBBSOD offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by BBBSOD regarding a job opportunity, please advise us prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
Please review our available opportunities below.
We’re Looking for a Board Treasurer!
Responsible to: Members of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orillia & District (BBBSOD)
Prepared by: Board of Directors Date: April 2021
All Board Members are responsible for determining policies and procedures and for monitoring organizational performance to achieve the mandate of the Agency.
In addition to obligation at law and duties as outlined in the Bylaws of the Agency, all Board Members will also be responsible for the following:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assume a leadership role as required (such as President or Secretary)
- Establish policies that guide the Agency in achieving its mandate
- Contribute to the process of establishing strategic direction for the Agency
- Employ the Executive Director and approve their employment contract
- Support and participate in evaluating the Executive Director annually
- Approve Agency budget
- Ensure fiscal stability and financial accountability
- Attend and be prepared for Board and other meetings as required
- Actively contribute to the functioning of the Board and its sub-committees
- Be informed about Agency programs and policies
- Participate in the Board evaluation process
- Ensure that the Agency adheres to the National Standards as set out by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada
- Review the Board’s structure, approve changes and prepare necessary bylaw amendments
- Assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the Board, Committees, Staff and Community to enhance the Agency mandate
- Assist in the recruitment of new Board Members
- Ensure that the Agency adheres to all federal and provincial privacy legislation
- Promotion and support of Agency community events
The Treasurer shall
- Be responsible to the Board for the general administration of funds, including the method of bookkeeping and accounting
- Be responsible for the Annual Financial Report and arranging for an audit
- Be responsible for making financial reports at stated intervals as authorized by the Board, including the Annual Financial Report
- Conduct the Agency’s financial business through such chartered banks as directed by the Board
- 18 years of age or older
- Accounting experience and/or CPA preferred
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector screening check
Interested? Please contact our office at 705-325-3151.
We’re Looking for Board Members!
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orillia & District is currently recruiting Board Members. Please note, this is an unpaid volunteer position.
For 55 years, we have been privileged to have many great people make such a significant impact on Orillia and its residents. Our Board of Directors support the community and create innovative ways to alleviate some of the city’s most pressing social issues that affect our children and youth. Additionally, they help to govern and lead our agency through the strategic opportunities and challenges that arise.
- Supports the values and mission of the agency
- Make a personal commitment to the agency in terms of time & effort
- Participates in Board training and orientation programs
- Maintain a current knowledge of BBBS policy in all areas.
- Participate in the development of long term and short term goals and objectives.
- Represent the agency and act as an ambassador at public events.
- Attend as many of the special events as possible.
- Be at least 18 and must reside within Simcoe County
This position comes with a time commitment of about 2 hours per month in the evening for Board Meetings as well as occasional time for follow-up activities outside of meeting times.
Main Office, located at 3102 – 107 Colborne Street East, Orillia
Interested? Please contact our office at 705-325-3151 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.