Are you looking to make a difference? Do you want to shape the course of Canadian communities? Do you like to have fun and enjoy collaborating with people? You might consider employment with Big Brothers Big Sisters.
As employment opportunities arise, they are posted below. Qualified candidates are encouraged to send resumes to the contacts provided for each position. Only those candidates that are being considered will be contacted. No phone calls or e-mail follow-ups please.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orillia & District (BBBSOD) is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. BBBSOD offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by BBBSOD regarding a job opportunity, please advise us prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
Please review our available opportunities below.
We’re Looking for a Fundraising & Community Development Coordinator!
The Fundraising & Community Development Coordinator reporting to the Executive Director, will be responsible for the day-to-day marketing and communications support with a specific focus on fundraising events, sponsorship/donations and social media. As the Fundraising & Community Development Coordinator you will be the voice of Big Brothers and Sisters of Orillia and District and a brand champion. Additionally, the Fundraising & Community Development Coordinator will plan and coordinate both annual and third party events ensuring effective implementation, and maximizing revenue potential.
The Fundraising & Community Development Coordinator possesses strong writing and editing skills to support the creation of fresh content for our website and for event materials. It is the responsibility of the Fundraising & Community Development Coordinator to nurture and engage with our community, create fresh dialogue, deepen relationships, and ultimately grow our reach. This role also includes soliciting event sponsorship and developing/nurturing relationships.
- Leads event planning and coordination including but not limited to:
- volunteer coordination,
- event logistics,
- internal and external communication and marketing,
- overseeing event committee meetings
- Actively engages and attends all agency events
- Assists in the development and implementation of a fund development plan; including fundraising events, social media strategy, annual giving, and donor stewardship
- Manages event sponsorships, fundraising campaigns, contributions, tracks pledges, and correspondence
- Performs data entry and maintenance of electronic donor database system
- Creates content for social media channels, blog and website
- Writes and distributes compelling press releases, PSAs, ad copy, and media invitations, and story pitches
- Supports production of graphic, photo, and video content to brand standards
- Reports Annual Fund Development Plan and regular updates to the board in relation to secured funds and opportunities
- Develops and facilitates individual and corporate fundraising campaigns to support specific efforts of the organization that are relevant to the community
- Within their community, develops and maintains strong relationships with program users, donors, vendors, volunteers, and friends of the organization
- Provides vital information and recording for each event’s successful marketing and public relations efforts
- Understands the objective, goals, and brand of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orillia & District and applies them into all community outreach efforts
- Acts as a spokesperson for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orillia & District in front of stakeholders, partners, and the general public
- Assists with other administrative duties such as issuing tax receipts
- Any other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong communicator, including outstanding verbal, and written communication skills and a talent for storytelling and copywriting
- Knowledge of digital technologies, platforms, and services such as WordPress, Hootsuite, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Canva
- Expertly able to manage time and competing priorities
- Great interpersonal skills, organized, self-starter, motivated, and a team player
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills, a strong work ethic, patience and ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of staff, management, and clients
- Promotes and models professional and ethical behavior
- Able to take responsibility, be accountable, respectful of others and able to deal with change in the workplace
- Bachelor’s degree or college graduate certificate with a preference to marketing and fundraising specialties
- Web design experience at entry level or higher (HTML, CSS, PHP) considered an asset
- Video production and editing skills considered an asset
- 1-2 years of demonstrated performance in fundraising and event planning
- Previous non-profit involvement as an employee or volunteer preferred
- Experience with planning community events
- Submit a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check (Less than 6 mos. Old)
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and adequate liability insurance or have ongoing access to a vehicle and driver, must be able to provide own transportation to special events
- An ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to work remotely if required
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to email their resumes to email@example.com by November 18, 2022. Please note, only those candidates who meet our criteria will be contacted for an interview.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orillia & District is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and practices equal opportunity. We welcome applications from persons with disabilities and will provide accommodation during all stages of the recruitment and hiring process, upon request.
We’re Looking for a Board Treasurer!
Responsible to: Members of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orillia & District (BBBSOD)
Prepared by: Board of Directors Date: April 2021
All Board Members are responsible for determining policies and procedures and for monitoring organizational performance to achieve the mandate of the Agency.
In addition to obligation at law and duties as outlined in the Bylaws of the Agency, all Board Members will also be responsible for the following:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assume a leadership role as required (such as President or Secretary)
- Establish policies that guide the Agency in achieving its mandate
- Contribute to the process of establishing strategic direction for the Agency
- Employ the Executive Director and approve their employment contract
- Support and participate in evaluating the Executive Director annually
- Approve Agency budget
- Ensure fiscal stability and financial accountability
- Attend and be prepared for Board and other meetings as required
- Actively contribute to the functioning of the Board and its sub-committees
- Be informed about Agency programs and policies
- Participate in the Board evaluation process
- Ensure that the Agency adheres to the National Standards as set out by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada
- Review the Board’s structure, approve changes and prepare necessary bylaw amendments
- Assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the Board, Committees, Staff and Community to enhance the Agency mandate
- Assist in the recruitment of new Board Members
- Ensure that the Agency adheres to all federal and provincial privacy legislation
- Promotion and support of Agency community events
The Treasurer shall
- Be responsible to the Board for the general administration of funds, including the method of bookkeeping and accounting
- Be responsible for the Annual Financial Report and arranging for an audit
- Be responsible for making financial reports at stated intervals as authorized by the Board, including the Annual Financial Report
- Conduct the Agency’s financial business through such chartered banks as directed by the Board
- 18 years of age or older
- Accounting experience and/or CPA preferred
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector screening check
Interested? Please contact our office at 705-325-3151.
We’re Looking for Board Members!
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orillia & District is currently recruiting Board Members. Please note, this is an unpaid volunteer position.
For 55 years, we have been privileged to have many great people make such a significant impact on Orillia and its residents. Our Board of Directors support the community and create innovative ways to alleviate some of the city’s most pressing social issues that affect our children and youth. Additionally, they help to govern and lead our agency through the strategic opportunities and challenges that arise.
- Supports the values and mission of the agency
- Make a personal commitment to the agency in terms of time & effort
- Participates in Board training and orientation programs
- Maintain a current knowledge of BBBS policy in all areas.
- Participate in the development of long term and short term goals and objectives.
- Represent the agency and act as an ambassador at public events.
- Attend as many of the special events as possible.
- Be at least 18 and must reside within Simcoe County
This position comes with a time commitment of about 2 hours per month in the evening for Board Meetings as well as occasional time for follow-up activities outside of meeting times.
Main Office, located at 3102 – 107 Colborne Street East, Orillia
Interested? Please contact our office at 705-325-3151 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.